Lately whenever I’m not writing, I’m cooking and since you all know I’ve been writing a lot you can only guess how much I’ve been cooking. Somehow over the past few months I’ve gone from an above average twenty-something cook to a full blown gourmet chef in the making (or at least good enough to not starve to death from salmonella poisoning). Lately I’ve been having more and more people ask for recipes to things I make here at home that are easy, healthy, and delicious so I’ll be sporadically popping some of those on up here on my blog for everyone to enjoy! Questions, comments, concerns? Find me on twitter @chelsellen! xoxo
Creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Ingredients: 4 -6 Red Potatoes
Grated Sharp Cheddar
Heavy Whipping Cream
Salt & Pepper
2) Meanwhile chop the raw bacon (I do not recommend this this cooking method for those that are faint of heart or hate the feeling of raw meat. If you are one of those who are afflicted by this try cooking the bacon regularly first and then cutting ) into small bits and set aside to cook.
3) Melt about a tablespoon of butter into a skillet and once melted thoroughly turn down the heat and add the bacon bits. (Try to resist the urge to vomit)
4) Once bacon starts to crisp and brown take it out of the pan and let cool on appear towels. (Try to resist the urge to eat all of this bacon before the soup is ready.
5) Whisk a little more than half a stick of butter into you pot with 1/3 a cup of white flour.
6) Add in 3 – 4 cups of heavy whipping cream and turn the heat down while stirring.
7) Once cream begins to thicken add in the chopped potatoes (which should have been out and cooling once they are soft to the touch but not to the bite).
8) Stir until cream and potatoes become a thick, dense sauce then slowly begin adding the chicken stock to thin it out to soup.
10) Add in 1/3 cup of sour cream (or whatever, if you’re watching your figure I’d cut out sour cream completely or if you’d rather just say “fuck it” and enjoy this delicious soup in all its glory add sour cream to taste, to each their own right?) and fold into soup.
11) Chop chives and add to top with cheese and bacon bits.